Monday, September 24, 2012

Baking


I've been really into muffins lately. It started when I was trying to find good healthy things for Abigail to eat for breakfast. I found this recipe for morning glory muffins and tried it out. I changed it slightly. I use whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, and left out the nuts and raisin for Abigail. They turned out great. Then second time I made them, I wanted to add more good stuff (veggies) so I shredded up a zucchini and threw it in. I also used less oil. They were still delicious. And I felt pretty good about eating a muffin that had apple, carrots, zucchini, and a minimal amount of sugar.
Then I saw a recipe for butternut squash apple hazel muffins and I had to try it. I made one batch following the recipe pretty closely, and then I used the left over squash for a batch of morning glory muffins. Both were delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Making healthy food for Abigail is a beautiful expression of love. I saw her eating one of them and she obviously loved it.

    ReplyDelete